Wednesday, February 01, 2006

As if it weren't enough to have booties for an imaginary baby. . .

I give you a bonnet in progress (which matches the booties, actually). This is what happens when you stay home from work, but lose power an hour after you get up, and don't get it back until around 6:30 pm. ;)

   

So, there you have it. Laid flat, and draped over my hand to make it make more sense.

I've made some mistakes in this one, and I couldn't magically fix them. And, I'm not frogging it because they're near the seam, and I've done so much!

So this means, I have a mistake-ridden bonnet, one great bootie, and one bootie with an obvious ridge all the way around that the good one doesn't have. *sigh*

So anyhow. In typical "me" fashion, none of the above are finished, but I've started another project! ;)

I was in a shop in Boston and they had these little "wristlets" for like $19, and I wanted them but was not willing to shell out that much. So. . . I'm making up a pattern for them! I think I've come to enjoy winging it & making my own patterns more than anything. The projects go better, and I seem to be more likely to actually finish them. Granted, the first couple were simple, but this one is getting a bit more challenging. Right now, I'm doing it in cheap worsted wool from Wal-Mart, but if the pattern works, I'm going to make this my first Fair Isle project, and have some real fun with it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is going to be so adorable! I love knitting baby things.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home