Friday, January 13, 2006

It's not much, but I've re-done the first two lace motifs:



I also got over the step I was stuck on (read: avoiding for fear of messing it up) with the baby bootie. It involved getting all the stitches off of three stitch holders on one needle, including picking up stitches in between those holders, only to realize I was one silly stitch short, finding that one dangling off (it had slipped a couple of rows), and rescuing it with a crochet hook. Me! Fixing instead of frogging! There's a miracle if I ever heard one, LOL! I can't wait to get home and get back to work on that now. Bonus points if I start the matching bootie immediately after, because that's exactly the sort of thing I'm liable to leave off for years! ;P

I think I've finally settled on which sweater will be my first one. I think it will be the "Fairly Easy Fair Aisle" sweater from SnB Nation. It's a nice, basic, button-up number with a little bit of "Fair Aisle" decoration. I think I'm going to be completely unoriginal and use the colors exactly as prescribed in the pattern, since they are very "me" colors: black sweater, with decorative stitches done in shades of pink! I even found a cone of the yarn for $23, which is a great savings. . . But am trying to save money for my NYC trip in February, so am trying to make myself not order it. . . I have a feeling that it all hangs on what my bank account looks like after I pay bills this weekend! ;P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home