Thursday, January 12, 2006

Adventures in lace & projectitis. . .

Is the baby bootie done? No. Did I finish any other unfinished projects from the list yet? Nope. So did I start yet another new project? Of course! ;)

So I am giving knitting a "lace" edging a try. I figure, if it works, I'll make enough to trim my next chemise. As mentioned, I found the right size needles (although the only size 1 needle I could find was a set of dpns - but hey, it does the trick!) and Wal-Mart came through with lovely size 10 crochet cotton, so. . . Off I went. . . And it was fun! And it worked! I got three motifs done last night, and decided, this project is so compact, I think it will be the project I carry around with me. So this morning, on the way to work, (obviously, I'm not the driver, LOL!) I pulled it out and started the fourth motif.

I'll save you the lengthy version of the story, but let's just say knitting lace and being in a car don't go well together. It was very frustrating. I ended up loosing my place/stitches so badly that I couldn't recover and frogged the whole thing. So, I have no photographic evidence to present you. But, at least I know I can do it. . .

Tonight, I think I'll put the lace aside and pick up the baby bootie again. This would be after I weave the ends in on Jim's scarf, of course. (That's right, I still haven't gotten around to that. . . *sigh*)

I might be making a stop at Saftler's first though, because my husband, sweetie that he is, just called me to tell me he called Saftler's and they say they have proper pair of size 1 needles in stock. I'm thinking I might pick them up because it would be very sad to put my work down and have it drop off the end of these little dpns! Especially if I decide to do the wider lace for the bottom of the chemise! So the big question is: Will I be able to resist the urge to purchase more yarn?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home